SIP 01332

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Tsiouris

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
My name is Chris and i'm a hobbyist making lutes(musical instruments). Already i have a crappy table saw with aluminum top which collapsed to the weight of the motor last week.To be honest i didn't use it at all hehe. I consider buying a new table saw with cast iron table. With my budget i only can buy SIP 01332 which i liked much from photos have to say. I saw also a harvey cabinet table saw which is pretty expensive for me but i admit i love it!!
Anyways i read all the threads for that saw (SIP) which are pretty old. I need a recent opinion from guys that own this saw and used it a bit. How it performs regarding accuracy, blade wobbling, mitre slots and rip fence, note that i don't want to cut large pieces of wood but i want to be straight and accurate.
If you are so kind to help me guys that would be great!!!
Thank you

Hi Chris I have had this saw for years, once you do the initial set up and fit a decent blade freud blade for example the saw is very accurate saw it is not underpowered and has been a very reliable saw, The mitre gauge that comes as with the saw is a good tight fit in the channel and accurate but you could buy a better aftermarket version that would be even better, Tilt and the rise and fall is smooth and feels good a zero insert plate is a good thing to fit and makes a good tear free cut. Hope that helps.

Jim

Hi Chris
I'm the same as Jim really, had mine for many years now though I did manage to strip the thread on the rise and fall mechanism a while ago, easy enough to get spares and replace however and was my fault as I'd let it seize up. :oops:
I find the rip fence pretty accurate once set up and I needed to fettle the saw a bit and set the blade parallel to the guide slots. I added a short stub fence made from Corian which works well, and I fitted a router table to one side and removable outfeed to the rear

My Mitre guide was slightly sloppy but easily rectified with a punch and a file.

Note that there are a number of branded identical alternatives to the SIP.

Hi Lons really apreciate your response and the great info. I'm really sorry about the trouble you have. I am aware of other brands like itech i think but i can't find any shop that delivers it outside UK. Since i live in Greece for now i found only one shop that can deliver here with reasonable shipping costs(Poolewood). If you know any other that can ship to abroad i will be glad to hear it. As a matter of fact i like your post because you confirm that either the rip fence and the blade to mitre slots are adjustable
Thank you again :)

Firstly, I have little experience with other makes so can't compare. I had a DeWalt 2ft cut RAS for many years along with a Scheppach TKU site saw, which was actually quite good. In comparison the 01332 (SIP & iTech identical) is far better, it's pretty quiet, accurate and good rip fence. Optional wheel kit makes moving around very easy.

Not so good - generic sloppy mitre fence which I replaced with a used UJK one (if buying new one would have gone for Incra). Poor extraction leaves sawdust on floor underneath, even with 2 HP extractor. Short arbour so no dado or wobble blade. Blade guard (rarely used) extraction needs shop vac. T Tracks were a bit rough and needed a tickle with file. From what I gather, these negative points are common to many saws in the price bracket. In summary, yes I'm happy with it and S & S service excellent.

Thanks Graham. I'd love to pick one up used; the budget left after Christmas shopping is a bit scant!!

Latest posts

Back