Moderators: Random Orbital Bob, nev, Noel, Charley, CHJ

By Shaggy
For the last couple of days every time I try to catch up with the latest posts on this forum my I-Pad keeps freezing up! Sometimes I can scroll the page up and down, but I can't select any topics to view and other times is just freezes all together.
Every other site I visit works fine, no buffering, pages load straight away, no problems whatsoever. Then I come back here and it starts being a pain again :evil: .

Had to use the main computer for this post and to catch up today, any ideas what could be the problem???

Glen.
By Shaggy
Thanks for the reply Chas, excuse me for being a computer dumbo :oops: .
How do I do that on the I-Pad if this site won't work on it?
Do I open a browser and type "https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/ucp.php?mode=delete_cookies" into the search bar thing on the I-Pad???
By Shaggy
CHJ wrote:Should work

Well... Partially :( .
Typed it into the search bar, asked to confirm delete cookies, pressed yes, deleted cookies, signed back in and.....
.... Exactly the same (hammer) :evil: .

BUT!!! I asked my son to have a look at it and two minutes later he gave me the I-Pad back and said it working :? .
Must have done some Voodoo back magic or something :roll: ... :lol: .
By lurker
I have had the same problem and have given up accessing the forum on the i pad.
everything else seems to work OK its just UKWorkshop.

I came to the conclusion (most likely wrong) that its those annoying scrolling adverts from axminster.
By lurker
Shaggy wrote:
CHJ wrote:Should work

Well... Partially :( .
Typed it into the search bar, asked to confirm delete cookies, pressed yes, deleted cookies, signed back in and.....
.... Exactly the same (hammer) :evil: .

BUT!!! I asked my son to have a look at it and two minutes later he gave me the I-Pad back and said it working :? .
Must have done some Voodoo back magic or something :roll: ... :lol: .

Can I borrow your son?
By Myfordman
I have the same problem on my iphone. Cache clearing also does not help at all.
I have made no updates to my phone so can only conclude there have been some changes at the forum end somewhere.
Please can you ask your son what he did for our benefit?
TIA
By Shaggy
Seems to be a temporary fix, all going well this morning then all of a sudden frozen :( . Went shopping, got back home tried again it worked for about half an hour then froze again.

Asked son what he did and he said he closed all the tabs on the browser, restarted safari typed in ukworkshop, when page loaded waited a few of seconds for the page to fully load before selecting any posts to view and that seemed to work.

Something I have noticed today, when it freezes on the ukworkshop site if I open another tab alongside go on any other site they work fine. But when it freezes if I try to go to another site by clicking on the browser bar and entering a new site nothing happens, it just stays frozen :? .

I've give my I-Pad back to my son and if he finds a fix I'll let you know.
By Myfordman
Ah Thanks Shaggy.
I find I can get to the forum index page on my iphone and then the index of a particular board, but selecting a thread to read is when it locks up. The progress bar gets to about 40-50% and then stops.
No problem select any other previously visited webpage and from there I can get to the address bar to enter a new URL if I want to.
I'm using several other forums that run under the same software as UKW without difficulties and the problems have started roughly within the last week.
By Shaggy
My son has put new browser on my I-Pad. He wanted to try the Chrome Browser but my I-Pad is too old to work with that so he found one called Dolphin that works with my old pad.
So far it seems to be working, but time will tell if it has fixed it [-o< .
I'll give it go and see if I have any more problems.

Glen.
By Myfordman
Thats a bit like changing your car because the wipers don't work! No solution at all and now knowledge gained. lol

My iphone is working ok now. It was clearly hanging part way through loading something. I'm guess an advert from another location was causing the problem. Lets hope it does not start playing up again.
By SVB
Same issue here on iPad.

Closing the UKWS tab and re-opening another one sorts this issue for a while but re-occurs after a bit.

Only happens on UKWS site (so far!)

Simon
By Myfordman
It is 50:50 whether the site works on iphone these days. There is something that the site is trying to load - possibly some advert or other that is causing the problem. I am not knowingly running any adblocker.

Charlie et al need to know that this is yet another nail in in the UKW coffin.
By Shaggy
I was using the Dolphin browser to access the UKWorkshop forum for a couple of weeks but last week tried safari again and up to now it's working fine :? .
If it starts acting up again I'll go back to Dolphin again for a while (hammer) .