Kitchen Hinge Jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a Festool 35mm Zobo bit, the centring point is removable so on thin doors I start drilling the hole then remove the point & then finish cutting the hole.
These bits give the cleanest, most accurate holes I’ve achieved drilling Euro hinge holes freehand with a cordless drill.

As said it depends on how many holes you need.
I made a simple sub table jig for my pillar drill which works a treat and once set up gives fast repeatable results every time.

At the time I was regularly fitting kitchens and buying in undrilled doors though.

i think i need about 6 pairs
I do have a mill\ drill
so happy to make a fence \ depth stop

Steve

Doug71":1hk56q35 said:
Guess it depends how many you are doing, if only a few I generally just use a 35mm bit in my cordless drill, make sure it's a decent bit though, the cheap ones can be awful.

Think this is what I got https://www.axminster.co.uk/fisch-wave- ... c-ax889057
I like the wave cutters and am happy to invest in the right tools for the job
Steve

I got a little plastic jig from ebay - couple of quid - its got the holes for both sides and is easy accurate enough. That and a porter cable forstner bit. Not fast but cheap.

There's plenty of cheap 35mm cutter about that'll do the job fine. And for that many doors I would just make a simple jig out of some scrap wood. It's easy to guess the depth so you only really need the jig to center the cutter. I've done quite a few in the past just by marking the center on the door and drilling free hand

A pillar drill is the best way to set up, especially for depth, Wealdon hinge drill bit was a revelation compared to four or was it five other well known brands, including Axminster and Trend bits.

Mike

Back