INCRA Miter Gauge 1000SE retailer? (or anyone selling used?)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julianf

Established Member
Reaction score
I think ive narrowed it down to the INCRA 1000SE - the Kregg is a little cheaper, but the grub screws to fit to the groove look so much more awkward than Incra's method.

So, the next thing is where to buy?

I look back at forum posts and the price of these seems to have really fattened up over the years - anyone have some clever source that hasnt followed the trend?

Or alternatively, ive no real aversion to buying used.

Thank you.

As above - Peter is the main importer of Incra products I believe. As to the price increases, it's an American product; look only to the exchange rate history to see why prices have gone up. I leave you to draw your own conclusions for the causes of the trend...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Thank you.

Can i ask you why you went for the HD, vs the SE?

The cost difference is nothing, so i was choosing just on what i thought was better, and shortlisted the SE.

I figured that they could both, ultimatly, do the same, but that for 99% of work (ie usual angles) the SE would be quicker / easier, and then, if some special angle was needed, it would be able to do it anyway.

Ive not purchased yet, so im interested in your thoughts - as i say, the money difference is so little that im just looking for what seems the best design.

wanted the 1 deg stops ...here it is fitted to my new dewalt 745

Attachments

• dewalt incra2.jpg
    dewalt incra2.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 235
I have the 1000se brought a long time ago. It's a good durable item but the main selling thing ie the positioning rack is imperial only and an annoyance. To the point I would look at something with a simpler positioning stop system. Also to take advantage of the very accurate angle possibilities you need to stick sandpaper to the fence as it's slidey.
The Osborne is better I reckon.

johnnyb":2hrx77ot said:
I have the 1000se brought a long time ago. It's a good durable item but the main selling thing ie the positioning rack is imperial only and an annoyance. To the point I would look at something with a simpler positioning stop system. Also to take advantage of the very accurate angle possibilities you need to stick sandpaper to the fence as it's slidey.
The Osborne is better I reckon.

We haven't sold the imperial version for years but can get them in if requested by customers.

I haven’t tried an incra but I do have an Osborne and it has been great for me for the past few years.

For accurate odd angles the incra is great but I find the stop fiddly. Obviously in imperial it's pretty useless to me but it's still fiddly although it would have a better utility in metric. Just for the record I don't have the Osborne I have dewalts licensed version! It came with my dw745 and is good as well as a bit less fiddly but for odd angles the incra rules. I paid £99 for my 1000se from tilgear a few years ago mind!

This looks good; pleased to see it will fit my Dewalt 745 :)

If I buy one - will my cross-cut sled be made redundant ?

Surely there is no need for both

I use the incra in the mitre slot I use the Osbourne rip off on the sliding table. I've made a large cut off table that fits on the sliding table. It's really for panel sizing. It's 18mm birch ply that stretches from the before the front of the table to the back(past the blade) and extends past the lh side and right to the blade(ie first cut chop the end)
The fence is then attached to the front edge of the ply at 90. You need a bit of hardwood that fits in the mitre slot. It obviously needs to be accurately made and tuned square . The sliding mitre gauges capacity is woeful for panels!
I also use a part dado on this saw. It's a 5/8 and fits directly on the arbour(remove the 30mm adaptor washer) bet I can fit 1/2 inch on safely. It's a great saw. Mines only needed the capacitors replacing in 15years.

There are a few comments that the stop (for length, rather than angle) is awkward - this function (repeat cutting of lengths to the same dimensions) is more important to me than angles at the moment.

Can you let me know how the incra compares to the Osborne in this way? From the you tube videos etc the incra looked ok, but I've never used it, so that's why I'm asking.

Thanks for all the comments so far.

The stop is a bit odd on the incra. God knows how they arrived at that design. The micro adjust is fiddly as well. What's not obvious is you really need the micro adjust because the saddle self positions incrementally because of the positioning rack. The Osbourne just has a decent flipstop.
The rod that acts as the stop on the incra is also movable but that's also fiddly and a bit prone to coming loose.
In short there both great mitre guages but the incra incremental system is a bit poo as is the stop.

Back