Looking for a sparky who is familiar with Lot20

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myfordman

AKA 9Fingers
Reaction score
I'm struggling to find practical details for installing Lot20 compliant storage heaters (as mandated from 1st Jan 2018) and would be grateful for a chat with an electrician who is familiar with these things.

TIA

Bob

Looking at that website, the key attributes of a compliant storage heater are:

http://www.lot20.co.uk/storage-heaters

My impression is that as long as a lot20 compliant heater is specified up front, then fitting/operating one will be simply as per the manufacturers instructions (as ever was).

Is there some specific attribute that you're looking for?

Cheers, W2S

I've looked at the installation instructions and they do not specify if the peak supply can be provided by
a) the existing ring
b) or it has to be a new ring
c) or if it has to be radially wired the way the off peak has to be wired.
The instructions state that both supplies need double pole isolators so is there a nice compact device to do this and the cable outlets in a single box designed for the job or must I use two switches and dymo labels to say which is which.

This is why talking/emailing with someone who has done the job will be so much easier.

I'd be surprised if the main heating supply would normally be anything but a simple radial circuit, but the normal design rules would apply surely?

The control circuitry and any auxiliary circulating fans etc. would have to be on a different circuit (simply because they need to be operating 24hrs) - whether that's a radial or ring final, new or existing, would also be driven by the normal design considerations, surely?

The manufacturer would need to be able to certify that these two circuits were sufficiently isolated from each other inside the unit, I guess.

Best of luck!

https://www.theiet.org/forums/forum/mes ... did=104856

Latest posts

Back