Restoring old Wilmerlea table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sherwood

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm very much a novice at woodworking and this is my first post here.
I'm in the process of getting a workshop set up and have managed to aquire a coronet imp bandsaw, startrite mercury II 10 speed pillar drill and a Wilmerlea table saw.
It's got a cast iron table and a 1500w motor with a belt drive. The cabinet seems to be cast iron too and it weighs a ton.
The whole thing needs a good clean up and fettle but it does run and the rust is only light surface rust. The thing is it's a tilting table and has no splitter or guard. Should I think about restoring it to use or restoring it to sell? I didn't pay much for it - £50.
Charlie

Thanks! Yes I started taking it apart today and can see where I roving knife would be bolted to . I'm sure I can make one without much trouble. I'll try and make a better fence and a zero clearance insert too. As for a guard, do you think I could get an aftermarket one to fit with dust extraction? I don't mind drilling and tapping or welding on new mounting points for one

yes there are quite a few around, some cheap, some very expensive (eg the Shark looks good but costly). Also plans to make your own.

good luck

Keith

Back