Recommendation for spraying?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wabiloo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I’m about to finish a new ash and wenge desk and want to finish it with a pre-cat or acid-cat acrylic lacquer (for durable finish).
I read that it’s recommended to spray (not brush). I don’t have any of the equipment for that but I’m willing to invest. Does anyone have any recommendation for a good quality, adjustable but not too expensive system? I’ve been recommended to look at HVLP, but beyond that...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

hi Wabiloo, Without spending a large chunk of cash you can achieve excellent results for a small outlay. I have a couple of painting systems both of which are HVLP. The larger one cost a few grand and is installed in a dedicated spray booth etc, the other which is used for small jobs and touch up cost almost nothing by comparison. Now I know that rutlands get a lot of stick (deservedly at times) I do have the smaller unit shown in the link below. With a bit of practice you can achieve very professional results from it. It is only useful for waterbased finishes but is a good little machine. i've even used it to respray the odd wing etc on cars:

https://www.rutlands.co.uk/product+t+hvlp

Back