router table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mock

Established Member
Reaction score
thinking of buying a router table for hobby use something small well not to big' if possible with router Hight adjustment on the top of the table what do you recommend for a £100 or at a push £150 thanks 'in anticipation Alan

I’ve got exactly the same as Mr Rusty, both the Trend router table and the T11, and I find them great! I’ve seen the table cheaper than the link above (around £190), but I know the T11 is not exactly cheap :?

The table insert is predrilled for Trend routers, but can easily be drilled for any router. However, having above the table adjustment is something you wouldn't be without once you have used it.

Save up for the T11. It makes for a powerful and very, very useable table. A couple of roller stands and you are good for very long sections

@Sawdust - I bet you wind yours up and down with a socket in a cordless as well! (even though the instructions say you shouldn't - don't know why)

I have been browsing on ebay there are so many some are £295 and others up to £500
ebay
item number:

I have a makita RP1801XK. It has a screw adjustment for above the table use.
The supplied screw is a phillips, i got bored with that and made a bolt with a 10 mm head, then used a 1/4" speed brace.
around £250 on ebay.

T11 a muscle chuck and make your own table, great powerful router, adjustable cutter height and cutter change from above the table. All for a price not dissimilar to the cost of a router lift.

Time to save up a lot of money I think .Regarding making a router table I wish I could I might look for a second hand router table .I also looked at the one for sale on here by Dalboy hand made but it's to far away you never know some one might be selling one shortly 'or would you recommend a new one ?? I do like the
Trend CRTMK3 Craftpro Router Table Mk3 240V as recomended on here though and then the trend 11 router thanks; Alan

Hi Alan,

I'd recommend building your own table as mentioned above. I started out with a cheap half inch router and cut a makeshift aluminium router insert plate into some kitchen worktop and used that for a while.

About 4 years ago I bought a half inch Triton TRA001 router (very impressive and has above the table adjustment) and decided to make a new router table for my shiny new router. It's in use every day and has plenty of storage. 7 drawers for 1/2", 1/4", 12mm and 8mm router bits, panel cutters, collets and spanners. Underneath a large drawer to house 4 handheld routers and aside another 3 drawers for my Sign Pro kit and other bits and bobs. The whole thing sits on casters so can easily be moved around.

The whole thing cost me less than £100 including all the T-track, Trend router insert plate, casters and piping for the dust extraction.

Hope this helps

Raymond UK":2hyui81b said:
Hi Alan,

I'd recommend building your own table as mentioned above. I started out with a cheap half inch router and cut a makeshift aluminium router insert plate into some kitchen worktop and used that for a while.

About 4 years ago I bought a half inch Triton TRA001 router (very impressive and has above the table adjustment) and decided to make a new router table for my shiny new router. It's in use every day and has plenty of storage. 7 drawers for 1/2", 1/4", 12mm and 8mm router bits, panel cutters, collets and spanners. Underneath a large drawer to house 4 handheld routers and aside another 3 drawers for my Sign Pro kit and other bits and bobs. The whole thing sits on casters so can easily be moved around.

The whole thing cost me less than £100 including all the T-track, Trend router insert plate, casters and piping for the dust extraction.

Hope this helps

Very impressive, I like the fence, I'm about to make a new table and I'm unsure about the fence. Would you mind putting up a few more pics from the back and other angles I'm looking for inspiration!

Yeah no problem. I'll snap some tomorrow.

The fence and dust port are made from MDF and the front is melamine. It runs on two UJK T-tracks bought from Axminster. The bolts were spare ones that came with the feather boards, also from Axminster.

I'd like to add some sort of rulers to the table top in the future.

You don't need it, it is without a doubt very nice and Raymond should be very proud of it but you can get by with something much simpler. A lump of counter top clamped into a workmate a length of 3x2 and a pair of clamps for a fence, will work just fine for 90% of what you'll need. When your skill level improves, (and it will) you can make something better.

That's an impressive router table set up Ray, wouldn't look out of place is some living rooms I've been in. :D

mock":37p1q2g8 said:
thinking of buying a router table for hobby use something small well not to big' if possible with router Hight adjustment on the top of the table what do you recommend for a £100 or at a push £150 thanks 'in anticipation Alan

Router table and router or just router table? Because there's a table for sale here https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/router-table-t113183.html for "£100 or very sensible offer"

large red":31rj335d said:
A lump of counter top clamped into a workmate a length of 3x2 and a pair of clamps for a fence, will work just fine for 90% of what you'll need.

Absolutely right. Cheap and cheerful. As I said, I used a kitchen worktop with a makeshift aluminium plate as router insert plate before I made this router table.

I use this as a "take away" router table with a small 1/4 router underneath. No fence, just relying on bearing guided cutters. It's not getting used very often but handy to have.

large red":2nr9yw43 said:
Very impressive, I like the fence, I'm about to make a new table and I'm unsure about the fence. Would you mind putting up a few more pics from the back and other angles I'm looking for inspiration!

Some pictures of the fence.

These are the bits I used. The router insert plate comes up cheap on eBay often. Hope this helps.

T-Track - https://www.axminster.co.uk/ujk-technol ... k-ax889077
Vertical feather boards - https://www.axminster.co.uk/ujk-technol ... air-502751
Horizontal feather boards - https://www.axminster.co.uk/ujk-technol ... rds-502750
Router plate - https://www.trenddirectuk.com/rti-plate ... gJ6FPD_BwE

Back