Moderators: Random Orbital Bob, nev, Noel, Charley, CHJ

By phil.p
The little chromed buttons on the ends of the handles of turning tools? Or a substitute? They serve no purpose I can see but look the part. I have no idea what they are actually called so I'm not about to waste hours searching for them. :D
User avatar
By AndyT
I thought you'd have known them as "domes of silence" Phil - a wonderfully overblown name for something to knock into the bottoms of table legs to stop them creaking.
Any proper ironmonger (dressed in a brown shopcoat) would be pleased to sell you a few. :)
By phil.p
Domes of silence. That's a new one for me. :D They would be fine but I suspect it would be easier to use upholstery nails the centre would be marked already.