16 and a 1/4 finished

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
My geometric nightmare project is all done.
It was a tube for a clock which i wanted to look like one piece of bubinga.
I cant get decent photos on here so if any one wants to see the finished article, its on my projects page. you can scroll next to see the other views of it.
http://www.pbase.com/john_cooper/image/167043175

Thanks to all the experts who helped.

167043175.rSPgWCIx.jpg

167043173.V2RXFDME.jpg

167043174.wv3YxhiH.jpg

are you using Chrome?
if so, you right click on the image you have hosted on your webpage, in the list is "copy image address" click that then paste it between
img tags so it looks like below. if you are using IE or similar, click the "open image in new tab" option then copy out the address from the address bar.

Code:
 [img]http://a4.pbase.com/g10/50/558950/2/167043175.rSPgWCIx.jpg[/img]

which gets you
167043175.rSPgWCIx.jpg

anyways, nice clock.

AHHHHH! I see. This is my brothers web site which he has let me put my woodworking pics on after photobucket went postal on us.
I had not realised I can do the same on pbase as photobucket did.
trying to load from my puter left me nowhere.
thanks for that.

That's an absolute beauty ! I like every thing about it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Blimey! That's impressive. I bet even the glue-up presented plenty of challenges, so congratulations on a clean and professional job.

=D>

I wont be able to get my head through the door now Custard has OK'ed it. :oops: :lol:

I had to build a turntable to fit on the belt sander so the grain was smoothed evenly and the ring was circular, and by the time I had it circular its only about 6 mm thick, so I put a 22 mm wide x 1 mm thick brass band around the inside with 2 part epoxy to strengthen it.

The ring is glued to the side supports, and then a diagonal hole drilled through the ring and side supports into the base, and 3 mm brass rods epoxyed into place to stop any accidental knock seperating the pieces.

Phil, i considered lots of embellishments to the supports, but decided less is more. In true 30's style, same kind of shapes I saw in houses when I was a nipper.

Lovely work Bob.

Had a look through your gallery, really like that butterfly box!

QUOTE: In true 30's style, same kind of shapes I saw in houses when I was a nipper. UNQUOTE:

Blimey sunnybob, you're even older than me! :D

Really, just personal, but I like it just as it is, and although you now tell us there's some "clever engineering" in it, one doesn't see that, which is great. Well done again Sir.

AES

Back