TV Cabinet/ Sideboard

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sawdust=manglitter

Established Member
Reaction score
Slowly but surely getting there with this oak TV cabinet/Sideboard. Only a dry fit so far. It’s been ongoing on and (mostly) off for over a year, but SWMBO wants it done by her birthday end of March! Loads of work left to do on it though, but i’ve really enjoyed practicing various joints and techniques, it’s been an educational project so far

8713a6d48057006c8e30d74670e2cc80.jpg

7d9b6edcd99cdbb43e89b6852f3cebd6.jpg

Nice S=M. Looks like a proper piece of furniture. I can't see why you couldn't have this finished on time.

Critique? I might have laid the top member down so the edge was showing. It would have lightened up the feel of the top of the piece a little and given you bigger drawers. But it's no biggie.

MikeG.":2d2ld46b said:
Nice S=M. Looks like a proper piece of furniture. I can't see why you couldn't have this finished on time.

Critique? I might have laid the top member down so the edge was showing. It would have lightened up the feel of the top of the piece a little and given you bigger drawers. But it's no biggie.

Thanks Mike. Yeah, having put together most of the carcass i thought that too but no biggy, this project’s been an experiment so it’s not going to be a masterpiece. Have learnt a lot that i’d do a little differently next time. The top shelves will be open backed though for dvd player etc.

Back