Moderators: Random Orbital Bob, nev, Noel, Charley, CHJ

By Charley
You should hopefully be seeing our fresh, new look! !

We've been busy for the past few months working on improving the site. The forums are the first phase in a complete revamp. Over the next few weeks we'll be focusing on the main site. Fixing the broken sections and adding new features as well as updating the style to match the forum.

As you may have noticed, the new layout is quite different and will probably take some getting used to. After 6 years we thought it was about time to bring it up to modern standards. The biggest advantage is that we are now using a responsive layout, so is mobile and tablet friendly.

We've done our best to test it with a variety of different browsers and operating systems but we expect there to be a few bugs that will need ironing out.

If you spot any problems or have any issues with the forums, please let us know.
By JohnPW
I think I prefer the old layout!

Some things seem to have gone missing:
View new post button
thanks button
info on who have thanked a particular post
By t8hants
Well it was bit of a shock, I thought I had pressed something and ruggered the layout. Sadly the ads seem larger and more intrusive.
By CHJ
JohnPW wrote:I think I prefer the old layout!

Some things seem to have gone missing:

View new post button
Look at sub menu under top Tab FORUM

JohnPW wrote:I thanks button
info on who have thanked a particular post
should be available in different format with post tabs top right.
By JohnPW
OK I've found the view new post button but it takes one extra click to get there.
By CHJ
JohnPW wrote:Has the "go to last post in a thread" button disappeared?

Red Star on thread listing takes you to first unread post.
By Bigdanny
I guess change has to happen, text is a little bigger better but DEFINITELY need "View New Posts"on main page. Would be nice for it to be a bit wider when you're looking at a thread as there is no Ads there. When looking at main Forum with lots of thread headers I don't see a problem with width for advertising as that's where you get your revenue mainly but when inside a thread will be better to see wider text, photos etc I think.
Danny
Last edited by Bigdanny on 01 Feb 2018, 15:59, edited 1 time in total.
By CHJ
LeeElms wrote:Where are PMs?

Top right Member TAB, "You have X messages" notification Panel along the top, click it and it takes you to Message options.