Sliding sash's online?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBCarpentry

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a reputable website or company that will make just the casements for a sliding sash window, to my specific sizes?

I don't even need them to be glazed as I can happily do that myself. Just after the bare casement frames at a reasonable price.

Cheers

LB

I think this is the sort of purchase where it's best not to shop online.

I can think of several places in Bristol which make sashes which would be suitable if you were round here. But they are small companies with low overheads and without a big web presence. Setting up an e-commerce solution to sell bespoke wooden window components would be a big investment for a small business and almost certainly not worth making. You might find bigger or national companies which would sell online but you'll be paying for their investment in IT and marketing.

If you look up joinery businesses local to you and phone them and then visit in person to discuss your requirements I'm sure you will find a better deal.

LBCarpentry":kk34qj47 said:
Does anyone know of a reputable website or company that will make just the casements for a sliding sash window, to my specific sizes?

I don't even need them to be glazed as I can happily do that myself. Just after the bare casement frames at a reasonable price.

Cheers

LB

I'm really not trying to sound like a smart apricot, but do you want casement sashes or sashes for box frame, sliding sash window? If for casement are they flush or storm proof (assuming a rebate for DG)? DG in a sliding sash is a PITA, so is it a replacement or new build?

Also, how many panes? Two is moderately easy, but all the work is in the glazing bar and gets exponentially harder as you add more pieces of glass.

Sorry, I wandered off topic; I don't know how anyone could pre-price a window sash, or even have it online for so-many-quid. I couldn't take on the work, but could give you a price of about £380 for a two pane, primed, sash . I could do a complete unit fitted for about £1650...(sorry slipped into box frame mode here)but it'd have to be a downstairs, and for someone I liked.

Just realised I had in no way answered the original question. I know of no one who sells window sashes on line. It's almost impossible...there's far too many variables.

ComfortablyNumb":2re596os said:
http://www.polsteadjoinery.co.uk
It's one of many things we do

Erm...what is? The OP wanted an online ordering system for some sort of window sashes. Your link leads to a website that's about as much use as a box of wet Rice Crispies. They'll be plenty of people local to him/her that can crank windows all day long, I'd imagine. Happy New Year.

Ed.

Back