INCA EURO 205 bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RdR

Reaction score
Let's introduce myself first.

I've started my life with a mechanical engineering education. I've done design, welding, metalwork, lathe and router work there. Therefore I can handle any machine in a workshop. Very handy! But those where my younger days. Directly after school I went in total other direction. I'm now 50 years old and a business and team coach.

But technical work never went out of sight. I still love to make and fix things. I've renovated my own home. I soon learned to appreciate goods tools. Very good tools. Working with top of the line tools is half the work and the result is so much better.

So when i noticed this INCA EURO 205 bandsaw I picked it up. There are cheaper chinese ones, but I like the older more solid machines better. The size is perfect for my workshop.

It looks good overall. It is complete and runs fine. Even with a dull blade it cuts nice. The is a slight unbalance/wobble in the wheels but I read in this forum that it's more common (?). Maybe do something about that later. The bearings seem to be ok but maybe I'll change them anyhow sometime for new SKF bearings. Planning also to buy some tuffsaws.

The only drawback is that (due to a stupid action from myself!! #-o ) I managed to break the blue plastic cover. %$@&!. (hammer) But I'll glue this together again and maybe strengthen it by adding a extra layer on the inside to make it more ridgid. I found this plastic cover to be a bit flimsy to my taste. Metal would be better...

Q: does anyone know the exact plastic type of this cover, so I can find the right glue?

I'll post some pictures to add to the database of this nice little machine. It seems there is so little information about the 205.

Q: does anyone have a manual of the 205?

Maybe I'll take it apart and rebuild it. That depens on the time I have.... :)

I'll keep you posted on this project.

Rob

Attachments

• IMG_5910 (3).jpg
    IMG_5910 (3).jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_5911 (3).jpg
    IMG_5911 (3).jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_5912 (3).jpg
    IMG_5912 (3).jpg
    45 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_5913 (3).jpg
    IMG_5913 (3).jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_5914 (3).jpg
    IMG_5914 (3).jpg
    85 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_5915 (3).jpg
    IMG_5915 (3).jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 124
Hi, thanks to you both for the reply and information.
I've also subscribed to the yahoo group. But can't upload pictures there yet.

The 260 if different from the 205 in some ways. perculiar that there is no information at all to find on the internet of the 205. Hope somebody is able to scan a manual someday.

Rob

Does anybody know how to post multiple pictures at once? I want to build up a database os the 205 and adding one-by-one is very labor intensive....

RdR":3f1a7rwi said:
Does anybody know how to post multiple pictures at once? I want to build up a database os the 205 and adding one-by-one is very labor intensive....

Cant be done if you are hosting on the forum. AFAIK Currently it seems that no changes can be made to the way this forum works so no good requesting any changes.

Until earlier in the year Photobucket was the free goto photohosting site but they got greedy and want huge fees.

Imgur seems to be popular, free and easy to use and supports bulk uploads.

Postimage.org might be worth a look. No guarantees that any site wont start charging so the real only safe way it to host on your own webspace which you will always be in control of.

Back