Currys/PC World

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dangles

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought a new laptop instore from Currys for £719..99 and the next day I looked
on their website for something else and noticed that if I had bought it from the website
and entered "WINDOWS10" in the vouchercode box I would get 10% off.
Now Currys offer a pricematch(inc vouchercode) so I sent them an email asking if I
qualified for this 10% off,this is their reply!
"We do Pricematch other competitors such as Argos, Asda, John Lewis, Tesco, AO.com or Amazon (DIRECTLY- Not a third party seller). But because prices in our stores and websites can fluctuate, to reflect the current market place, competitors and promotions we run we are unable to Pricematch ourselves"
Are they full of s###t or what?

order one online, when it arrives take it back to the store using your original receipt and get your money back. I have done a similar thing before when I have seen things on sale that I already bought, buy it again and then take back the unopened item using the higher priced receipt.

Rorschach":269mj87w said:
order one online, when it arrives take it back to the store using your original receipt and get your money back. I have done a similar thing before when I have seen things on sale that I already bought, buy it again and then take back the unopened item using the higher priced receipt.

Agreed - I've also done this, some might call it morally wrong, but when companies have different prices between store and online it just invites customers feeling annoyed.

I know the argument about store prices being higher because of store overheads and staff etc compared to online, but that's not the customers concern - getting the best deal they can for an item is all a customer is interested in, and it's up to the "*cough multi BILLION pound company* to accept a customer doing this on occassion.

Rorschach":4wjdzm25 said:

I don't know about Currys PC World, but at stores around here, the serial number of the computer, or other expensive end item, is on the printed receipt. Any exchanges or returns for serial numbered items must match the receipt exactly.

Take it on the chin.

You saw the product for a price you were happy with and bought it. There are always deals around that many of us miss, it happens!

As someone who considered borrowing a flatbed lorry, making a catapult from scaffolding big enough to shoot a freezer through the front of their shop, it's probably best I don't comment. Bunch of helmets imho

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Beau":1u6lskgw said:
Take it on the chin.

You saw the product for a price you were happy with and bought it. There are always deals around that many of us miss, it happens!

I tend to agree - annoying, but part of the new shopping reality. Prices sometimes seem to change by the minute.

rafezetter":1u6lskgw said:
don't know about Currys PC World, but at stores around here, the serial number of the computer, or other expensive end item, is on the printed receipt. Any exchanges or returns for serial numbered items must match the receipt exactly.
However if you really want to buy cheap and return original you just need to keep the new one and return the original. More work if you have already set up the original but TANSTAAFL.

I don't think a bricks and mortar store are under any obligation to refund you in the case of changed your mind and don't like it. Unless you bought it without seeing it.

Goods bought online can be sent back for just that reason though.

Chalk it down to experience and enjoy your new computer.

Tell them you not happy with it, say it is a bit flaky connecting to your wifi and that your old one connects fine.
I did this with a Sony TV (and it was true) Currys did not bat an eyelid and just took it back.

As for those stating morality look at it another way, why could they not tell him it would be cheaper on line, thats called customer service. There was a bit of a queue as there were a lot of people returning stuff and they did not quibble anyone about returning an item. Stick to your guns about connection as that makes it unfit for purpose.
I have been to shops that tell me it's cheaper on their online store.

hawkeyefxr":36gcsqnl said:
As for those stating morality look at it another way, why could they not tell him it would be cheaper on line, thats called customer service. There was a bit of a queue as there were a lot of people returning stuff and they did not quibble anyone about returning an item. Stick to your guns about connection as that makes it unfit for purpose.
I have been to shops that tell me it's cheaper on their online store.

I recently bought a Sjöbergs Elite 2000 workbench after learning a nearby hardware was a stocking distributor. I had the printout from the online catalog for the bench at €1,199 and the cabinet at €490. The store price was €1,399 for the bench and €399 for the cabinet.

When I showed the salesman the printouts, he verified the online prices and adjusted the price of the bench to the online price and left the cabinet at the lower store price. The store had the cabinet in stock, but the workbench had to be ordered and would be delivered to me the following week. That's customer service!

Back