UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe try some comprehensive PPE, like this...

zorb-clear1.png

My bandsaw has a 4" port on the bottom of the right hand side therefore no dust extraction at the table.
I adapted Rob Cosman's idea, using domestic waste pipe & my shop vac, so that extraction takes place immediately underneath the table as well as the bottom. Seems to work fairly well. Certainly a lot less loose sawdust than there used to be.
Sorry no photo. Will try a take one tomorrow, if anyone is interested.

Hope the ol noggin heals up quick ( sod's law says you will bang the exact same spot at least once before it heals (hammer) )
Have a great xmas :ho2

Apologies for the poor quality of the photo but it should give you the rough idea

Bandsaw Dust collection.jpg

The table has threaded holes on the underside which I used to bolt a piece of wood which carries the metal straps that keep the pipe in place.
Although I rarely change blades or tilt the table, it is only a matter of seconds to remove. Takes a bit longer to reposition though.

As I said, it works for me. It allows me to use the shop vac with it's standard size smaller hose.

Attachments

• Bandsaw Dust collection.jpg
    Bandsaw Dust collection.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 923
Back