Rustins Plastic coating - application temps.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rafezetter

Troll Hunter
Reaction score
I've used RPC several times now, but only during the summer with good weather, I've now been asked to do a bit of a rush job and the temps outside are around 12* C during the day.

Has any of the more frequent users ever done it in temps less than the recommended 15-25*C and if so how did it react?

TIA.

I know the general rules of application, but I'm sure I read here somewhere about a member who had used it in "all sorts of temperatures with no ill effects" - I tried a search but didn't find it.

It's basically either not use it - risk doing it outside in lower temps, or doing at the customers house and stinking the place out for a week - with pets and other people living there.

I don't think it goes off at cold temps does it? Which can be useful - I see to remember doing a number of coats on a window sill - I did the applications indoors, where it was nice and warm, but keeping the pot outside in the cold between coats which stopped it going off.

Low temp retards curing, you can keep catalysed PC on the fridge and it keeps for months. When I used to spray guitars in the cooler months I would leave them in the garage overnight to prevent the finish curing so the next coat would burn into the previous.

Latest posts

Back