Wadkin BZG Grinder.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schnapps95

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Is there anybody who can advise how to remove the conical grinding wheel please. Does it come off complete with leather stropping wheel or seperately ? i do'nt want to damage it as presumably they arn't available anymore any suggestions would be much appreciated

I am not familiar with the grinder but for getting a new grinding wheel I am sure Autool would have one or be able to direct you to someone that does sell them http://www.autool.co.uk/GrindingWheels.aspx

I was involved in buying a Wadkin NQ grinder from them and they could not have been more helpful or knowledgeable just not the best about calling back :)

It comes off separately from the honing wheel. The cone has a threaded insert but I cant remember which way it comes off. I think I have a spare cone some where, I will have a look to check the thread direction.

Thank you Beau and Wallace . Today I went to Scorton auto jumble and couldn't believe my luck when I found a correct cone for £1. the thread is 3/4" BSF right hand the seller gave me some advice for removing the existing one which I have tried without success (It's still stuck) He also suggested heating it up but I didn't think that was good idea I tried the cone on the other spindle and it fitted spot on as both spindles are threaded left hand on the left and right hand on the right. When (if) I get it off I will post how I did it. Thank you everybody

I have finally got it off, what i did i locked two nuts together on the opposite end of the shaft and held them against rotating with a spanner. I then used a correct size peg spanner on the wheel arbor and gave it a few sharp taps with a hammer and it all unscrewed the leather wheel was'nt threaded, but the end 1/2" of the shaft in the cone had been rusted up. Finally one last question can anybody supply the measurements of the lapping wheel cover, that is the diameter, thickness and the centre of the oil filling hole from the centre of the spindle hole please as the one on the machine is home made. Than you

Latest posts

Back