Scroll saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timber

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
I am off to the show at Harrogate and will be thinking /looking at scroll saws Have about £500 to spend. Any ideas as to the best one ? Largest bit of wood will be around 300 mm square x 30 mm thick It must have a quick blade change , for internal cuts and if spares are needed easily obtained.
Thanks

You could buy THIS instead :D
s-l1600.jpg

I asked them would it fit in the boot of my Merc
They replied I would need at least a van

A second-hand Delta for £150 and £350 in your spending pocket for something else.

300mm square - no problem
30mm thick - no problem
Spares... from the USA, but still no problem

axminster have a jet on sale for £122 at the moment have a look at that if you just want a small one

Droogs":h5qv2u0g said:
axminster have a jet on sale for £122 at the moment have a look at that if you just want a small one
I have a little Cowells jig saw at the present time,( Over £600 new) a great little basic saw I use ordinary coping saw blades, I remove the pins and then cut the blade in half -giving me two blades. It will cut 3/4" no problem but is not able to tilt the head or bed I want something better than that Jet, but thanks anyway for your help.
Why does the writing in my reply to this statement by Droogs spreads over more and even off the page , VERY VERY STRANGE. It did not happen when replying to others
Timber

How log do you want the saw to last/how much use is it going to get.
Over 35 years teaching in secondary school workshops we went through lots of scroll saws, but only one stood the test of time.
Over 25 years ago we bought some Hegners. They outlasted everything, and despite the abuse, 3 of the original 4 were in daily use when I left, a little worn but still working well.

Colin

Latest posts

Back