Hegner multi cut 2s on ebay >>>> now multi cut 1's

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatknot

Established Member
Reaction score
I posted the other day about two Hegner multi cut 2's on ebay going cheap

I can't see the post again to follow up

Overnight the multi cut 2's have changed to multi cut 1's

Just in case anyone bid on them and is expecting a better machine than they may get

If you draw attention to an eBay auction that's 'going cheap' won't the added interest get it more views and bump up the price ? Say if someone from here was already watching the auctions progress?
This is why live ebay auction topics are generally not allowed.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Okay if thats the case, be nice if I were alerted to that and I wouldn't bother doing it again

I have seen other similar heads up posts

phil.p":37xaqbsv said:
If it was a reference to a live auction it will have been taken down.

I don't follow that logic, or it means no one can make anyone anywhere aware of a potential bargain or item

But if they are the rules ?

ColeyS1":32hel7i4 said:
If you draw attention to an eBay auction that's 'going cheap' won't the added interest get it more views and bump up the price ? Say if someone from here was already watching the auctions progress?
This is why live ebay auction topics are generally not allowed.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

From the rules:

( 8.6 ) - Auction Site Links.
Members sometimes feel that posting random links to eBay or similar sites may be of benefit to other members looking for a "bargain".
It is not in the interests of our membership to highlight items that some may already have on their watch list. Furthermore we have had instances in the past where members have spuriously drawn attention to their own listings. It is suggested that those wishing to find "bargains" do so themselves.

I just had a re-read of the posting rules, now I can see the mention of no posting of items for sale (8:6) which I had misunderstood before

I took it to be posting *links* to rather than description of a sale

So I won't bother again

There was no link posted, I went to eBay and searched for the item and found it myself.

What was the problem with that?

If I was looking to buy a scroll saw that was inferior to my Delta, I'd have done that anyway. :-D

Back