Robert sorby or record power

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joiner.8

Reaction score
I'm in the process of checking out some sharpening systems as I intend to purchase a lathe next year, I bong know whether to buy a Robert sorby pro edge or the record power wetstone sharpening system, I have searched the internet and YouTube for reviews and I'm not sure which one to buy. The robert sorby system is more expensive and does not produce a hollow grind.
Any advice welcome

There are numerous threads here and on You Tube showing home made jigs - you would do well to invest in a decent stone for your grinder first, before spending a small fortune on a ProEdge., as it'll always be useful for rough shaping if nothing else.

phil.p":2r3ae8d8 said:
There are numerous threads here and on You Tube showing home made jigs - you would do well to invest in a decent stone for your grinder first, before spending a small fortune on a ProEdge., as it'll always be useful for rough shaping if nothing else.

Thanks do you use a grinder yourself to sharpen your tools, if so can you recommend a good quality grinding stone as there is a large selection of different types if grinding wheels out there

I'll leave that for someone with more knowledge of stones. I use a 40mm white wheel because that was on the Creusen when I bought it second hand, but I only use it for touch ups as it's a bit fine - I use the club's ones for reshaping as they're coarser.
You should think about joining a club if possible, you'll get a lot of advice and knowledge for little cost - you might even pick up something cheap.

Back