Dust Masks

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhyolith

Established Member
Reaction score
I have gone and misplaced the mask I have been using for the past few years, even if it turns up I could do with a second one anyway.

It was an M3 6000 I think, which I got from the boat college, it did its job very well with thr occasiaonal filter change, so I would like another like it. However upon looking it (or the modern equivelent) up on screwfix its £56! Whats weird is that the ones on ebay are £10 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3M-6200-7-in1 ... WvuW1hYuxA That seems dodgy to me, such a massive price difference.

Should I folk out for the reputable one from screwfix? Considering how much dust I work with I am willing to pay that much if it comes to it.

I would be interested in other recommendations, but considering I often wear this for hours at a time I am inclined to go with the one I know is confortable and actaully does remove the dust.

One thing of note with the E-Bay listing is the delivery time, for me its showing as 23rd of October, also says "Will usually dispatch within 10 working days of receiving cleared payment"

For only £99.99 P&P I could have it by 17th October :roll:

Hi, I've previously used a JSP Force 8 from Screwfix, a whole range of filters are available depending on your needs. Never tried the 3M version.

I should have said I have an AxminsterAPF10 which is a rebadged JSP Powercap sold cheaper http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-apf-10-evolution-powered-respirator-101809 . The filters are the same for both but only available in P2. I use this most often now as I find it more comfortable and I dont have any trouble with sealing as I have a beard, but its of no help if you require other than P2 filters.

fezman":3t5rvgbe said:
Hi - after a recommendation on here - i got one of these
https://www.in-excess.com/collections/s ... 5906859534

I was a little worried the medium would fit, but it turned out ok (large is sold out). Works great too and is only £10
That's a cracking price, I paid more than double that for the mask alone. The filters might be beyond their expiry date, but is there anything that can really 'expire' in particulate filters?

I have one of these from ARCO but at the time it was badged from ARCO. https://www.arco.co.uk/products/166700?s=1

It works well for me despite a full beard, I accept it cannot seal properly on the beard so I use it for dust protection. It was on offer when I bought it for about £20. It can accept a thin coarse dust filter in front of the main filter and when working in lofts I have come down with 1/4" of fibre glass on the front of this filter.

Just bought a JSP Force8 Mask With P3 PressToCheck Filters from Toolstation presently £17.83

Ryolith - that price is for the cartridges only I suspect - look at the picture where each separate component has a different number code. Iffy.

Fezman - that system looks to be a basic dust only. If you do any painting A2p3 would be better which is rated for hazardous fumes, it's ALWAYS better to have a higher rated filter than what you think you need.. It's not worth taking any chances for the sake of a few quid, and depending on usage replace them every 6 months or less.

I decided to go for the expensive screwfix option. Its probably worth it considering how much I will use it.

I have been looking into different masks and saw that Cromwell Tools have got some offers on 3M masks and filters, they also have a better range than Screwfix. I'm going on Monday to get one.

I know this is my first post and it may appear suspicious but I have no connection to Cromwells but I have been looking at various posts on here about this very subject.

the trouble with e-bay is that they are coming from china but because they have a warehouse/lock-up in Britain they can claim it is from here .I would second the recommendation for the one from EXCESS that was previously mentioned

Rhyolith":1xpoly3i said:
I decided to go for the expensive screwfix option. Its probably worth it considering how much I will use it.

A sensible decision.

I bought a 3M 6200 Series mask on eBay and when it arrived from China I started to have doubts about its authenticity... when I bought a 7500 Series (larger model) from Cromwell Tools I compared the two and it was undoubtedly a counterfeit.

Having briefly had an Axminster APF10 and then getting a refund after that debacle I bought a 3M Versaflo.

Back