KS60...price!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lastminute

Established Member
Reaction score
There seems to be lots of different prices for this...I thought Festool had a rule regarding selling price?

Any advice welcome!

I think they did but UK/EU law forbids it IIRC. It's a different story across the pond I believe, where *their* price is *the* price.

porker":1wgczngl said:
They did and it was challenged in court and they were heavily fined https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/festool-tts-fined-8-2-million-euros-for-price-fixing-t63731.html. Now there is much more competition in the pricing although overall prices have increased recently due to the weak pound.

Shop around.
They can (and possibly do) operate around this like Apple do...

Basically, if a supplier discounts down too much they can reduce down how stock is available to that supplier.

Official Festool/Apple suppliers that play ball on the pricing get full stock availability.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Limiting stock, discount structure adjustments, limiting which channel an item is sold through are all illegal to fix prices. In fact anything that is done that is intended to influence the final selling price is illegal.

deema":vhcz4ufx said:
Limiting stock, discount structure adjustments, limiting which channel an item is sold through are all illegal to fix prices. In fact anything that is done that is intended to influence the final selling price is illegal.

Doesn't stop them doing it though!

I want a KS120 but have baulked at the prices for a while and if I can't get a deal or a really good s/h one my money will go to a different manufacturer.
Going to wait until the Harrogate show but not holding my breath tbh.

Last year I went to the show with a friend who bought the KS120 plus the M rated vac for £1200! Which was a stonking show negotiated deal. He had cash in his pocket!

deema":2t6eks99 said:
Last year I went to the show with a friend who bought the KS120 plus the M rated vac for £1200! Which was a stonking show negotiated deal. He had cash in his pocket!
Thanks, I'll see what happens in November.

Back