Interesting theft stats.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
phil.p":q8bb75h5 said:
Makes you think, doesn't it?
Which 'tradesmen' are buying the tools so generating the market,
or perhaps which country they are being shipped to.

I know of one individual locally that has boasted that he got a lot of his stuff from his son-in-law who gets them 'down the pub'. funny how many of them come without chargers, the odd accessory etc. and no, I'm afraid I could not help him out.

I kept getting updates after I signed that petition about increasing the penalties for stealing from vans. lots of hot air, but I suspect zero action on the political front.

The big problem nowadays is that communities have been broken, in that a lot of crime is incomers or even peripatetic thieves, who have no connection to the locality (apart from as a source of income), and often travel long distances to do their 'work'.

Mind you, earlier this week we had a moped-aided bag snatch outside a local supermarket. It's a leafy, usually quiet suburb, but we're experiencing a crime wave presently. I strongly suspect that shutting the local police station has been a big encouragement to the scum. The nearest one is now 10-15 mins further away (at best, on a blue-light run). We're getting quite brazen daytime robberies and burglaries, e.g. removing uPVC panels (complete) to gain access to a property, and daytime muggings. Our residential streets don't have cameras and are almost never patrolled.

Two members of my family recently retired from the police after 30+ years of service. They couldn't wait to get out. One was in Criminal Intelligence, and predicted this sort of thing. If the "Police and Crime Commissioner"* is not allowed to intervene in "operational" policing issues, such as big strategy like putting the police in fortified strongholds rather than local stations (and on the streets!), what is the point of her?

E. (fearing it's only a matter of time...)

*I love the irony of the post's title - "...Crime Commissioner"? Really???

phil.p":1y4i6x9s said:
Titles are wonderful - I've just had a letter from the quack telling me amongst other things that they no longer have receptionists - they now have "care navigators". :lol:

I heard the term 'care navigators' for the first time yesterday. But it wasn't described to me as renamed receptionists - I was told they could be employed or voluntary and trained to direct NHS service users (my words not their's) to the full range of services available to them, not just NHS but self help groups, social services, state benefits, debt advice, and other what's known as social prescribing.

I'd be asking what training they have had - NHS has a tendency to inflate the job titles. I see care navigators as being potentially useful if they are trained.

Brian

"Our Care Navigators (previously known as receptionists) have written guidance on how best to handle each call and this is why they will ask for some idea of the problem when you ring in".

I know at one person who will tell them to swivel, they are not doctors. :D

Back