Table saw advice!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blades_mad

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Advice needed

Im looking for a table saw that can withstand daily use mostly sheet material and the odd bit of treated timber with a width to great for the miter saw. (i build cross country jumps)

1k is my budget (can go a little higher for the right tool) pref something that comes with a good fence and sliding table,

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Go 2nd hand, you will struggle to get much for you budget new.

Have you got 3 phase?

If you cut up sheet material, you need a panel saw or sliding carriage.

An old Wadkin might come up, like a CP25

Yes i was thinking the same from having a shop around last night,

Yes i have 3 phase and was hoping to get a table with a sliding carriage or buy one for it.

i will have a shop around for a wadkin,your not the only one to suggest that to me. A cabinet maker i know suggested the same last night.

Thanks for the advice Robin

blades_mad":9ls0ejf0 said:
Hi everyone

Advice needed

Im looking for a table saw that can withstand daily use mostly sheet material and the odd bit of treated timber with a width to great for the miter saw. (i build cross country jumps)

1k is my budget (can go a little higher for the right tool) pref something that comes with a good fence and sliding table,

Any help would be greatly appreciated
If sheet material is the main use, reconsider the Tablesaw. Unless you are thinking of a large sliding saw.

Tracksaw would be better (and safer for sheet material).

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

If you could make do with a cheap table saw for your oversize cross cuts, a second hand panel saw may be a better bet for the sheet goods cuts.

Mike

Two solutions have already been mentioned, a panel saw and a track saw. There is I think another.

I've found there are two issues with a panel saw, the first is the size it takes up, which is huge. The second, and this may just be lack of imagination in how to solve the problem is actually lifting the material on and off the Saw. It's difficult and requires you to place your back under excess strain unless you have two people to do it. Then it becomes an expensive operation!

A track Saw is small and compact, but again has similar issues with moving the stuff to and from it.

The third option, which is a wall Saw takes up less floor space, and is far more ergonomic for loading and unloading. For your budget and application I would have thought a secondhand Wall Saw would be a good solution.

Thanks for all the advice chaps

i have a panel saw but as a couple of you have mentioned there are flaws to that, i wanted a table saw so that i could slide the cuts straight onto a portable bench. plus being able to make cuts to timber with a width to great for the miter saw accurately

I have bought my self a second hand Wadkin 12 BRT table saw with a sliding carriage.

I haven't taken delivery of it yet, but if anyone is interested i will post back with what my thoughts are on it.

Thanks again all

Colin

Back