Festool DX93e

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith 66

Established Member
Reaction score
I used to have a Bosch detail sander but it got nicked out of the back of my car a couple of years ago, Im a boatbuilder & do quite a bit of restoration work.
Currently restoring a clinker built sailing dinghy & there is much sanding to do on the inside, very fiddly with lots of corners between the ribs. Pain to do by hand! Looked at detail sanders, not a lot about now as most manufacturers seem to be going the multi tool route.
Looked at a Festool then bought a cheap chinese one, used it for ten minutes & it was so bad went back & bought the Festool, got it on a good deal just over £200 inc vat. Never bought anything by them before mainly due to the prices but what a lovely tool to use. Comes in a decent case, quiet & sands like a demon. It is brilliant.
Im a convert!

petermillard":8ni4hbms said:
Sold my DX93 when I bought my Rotex 90 and really regret it; cracking little sander [THUMBS UP SIGN]

I like my Rotex 90, but the delta head has never impressed me, previous cheap deltas have all been fairly poor too. Is the DX93 noticeably better for edges and corners?

For getting into corners, yes - it's a 'proper' orbital sander too. I find the Rotex 90 too tall to be useful in many of the areas where I need a detail sander.

Back