Adapter For Dust Outlet For Sliding Compound Mitre Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pollys13

Established Member
Reaction score
My Black & Decker SMS254 mitre saw has a dust port O/D of 4.2cm and my vacuum cleaner hose has an O/S diameter of 3.5cm. I've been trying to find an adapter to connect the two together. Found a lot of rigid plastic ones, not right sizes. Axminster do tapered rubber type step hose reducers. They do three different sizes. Axminster product codes, 102534,102538 and 102533.

Not one of them would connect at both ends, seems I would need to join two different sizes together to make the connections.Also in that case, not sure how would join rubber to rubber to join two adapters together.Using two brings it up to around £30 to connect the vacuum to the saw.

They do a heat shrink plastic sleeve but I used if a hot air gun. I think I could damage the plastic on the saw and vacuum hose.
Anyone know where I can get a suitable adapter I don't want to use duck tape?
I've searched through forum posts but none wiser.
Cheers.

pollys13":3o73t72d said:
Axminster do tapered rubber type step hose reducers. They do three different sizes. Axminster product codes, 102534,102538 and 102533.
Not one of them would connect at both ends
One of these will do the job, you cut one or both ends to match the tubes you're joining.

pcb1962":kwfd6ibf said:
pollys13":kwfd6ibf said:
Axminster do tapered rubber type step hose reducers. They do three different sizes. Axminster product codes, 102534,102538 and 102533.
One of these will do the job, you cut one or both ends to match the tubes you're joining.
Yes, those are the Axminster ones I mentioned. Seems I would need to buy two sizes and join up to make the connections both ends. £30+ and not sure how would join rubber to rubber.
Cheers.

pollys13":rk8lmmw6 said:
pcb1962":rk8lmmw6 said:
pollys13":rk8lmmw6 said:
Yes, those are the Axminster ones I mentioned. Seems I would need to buy two sizes and join up to make the connections both ends. £30+ and not sure how would join rubber to rubber.
Cheers.

Medium reducer: 38mm/45mm to 55mm/60mm
This one will do you, wrap some tape around the 35mm coupling to make it up to 38 if necessary.

OK thanks, Axminster just came back to me and said I would only need one adapter. The 38mm/45mm to 55mm/60mm one you mentioned.
Sorted :)
Cheers.

powertools":9noprsnc said:
Universal car steering rack gaiter will sort out these problems.

This is why I love this forum. Totally out of left field comes powertools with an idea I'd never have thought of in a millenia.

Nice one.

=D>

Back