Making a Circular Saw table - advice for aluminium guides

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theMusicMan

Reaction score
Hi All

First post - newbie to woodworking!

I have seen many videos on YouTube regarding tables to house a circular saw underneath, and I want to have a go at making one myself.

I have some materials for the base and legs etc, but what i want some advice on are the guide rails. I want to purchase some angled aluminium L bar to use as the guide for both the wood being cut and the rail to adjust the width of the cut. So essentially, a T type joint of aluminium that runs up and down the length of the table, and across the width too.

Has anyone any advice on the best way to put this together please? I would need to router out the thickness of the aluminium from the edge of the table top so the length that adjusts the width of cut does not protrude above the height of the table, and I'd also need (I think) to make another thin router cut for the guide rail to sit in.

Hopefulyl that sort of explains what I want to do - anyone any suggestions?

Ta

You can buy aluminium angle (usually equal or "square" angle) Tee and U section aluminium in a variety of thicknesses in cut lengths on ebay

Back