Sliding mitre saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawkeyefxr

Established Member
Reaction score
My Elektra Bekham KS250 mitre saw came to the end of its life after nearly 15 years of good service. I decided on a sliding mitre saw, my budget was a modest £150.00 or there about's, not a lot i know but it was all i could really afford. I decided on the JCB SCMS255, it was within my budget especially as i get 10% off at B&Q on ol gits Wednesday :D and it uses the same size blades as my table saw. What a mistake.
The saw was made in China, there are no parts available for them and it had design faults like the blade could hit the back rest and the clear lens covering the laser light filled with sawdust after the first cut. It had three years warranty but as there are no spares this seemed a little strange. So, returned to B&@ who took it back no problem.

I am now looking at the SCHEPPACH 2000W 254MM SLIDING MITRE SAW about the same money, spares are available and it takes the same size blades at my tables saw. It's a little heavy on the saw head use but seems quite good.

Does anyone have anything to say on these mitre saws, or any others come to that.

Someone knowledgeable will be along to elucidate but I think table saw blades and mitre saw blades may be different?

Latest posts

Back