Ryobi 16g finish nailer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dance

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wondering about the Ryobi One+ 16g finish nailer. I've just noticed the smallest nail it can drive is 19mm. Is this going to hold me back from making the most of the tool? If I'm working with 18mm MDF or ply, I'm guessing this will mean I actually can't use the tool for (for example) driving a nail through a domino on a face frame?

many thanks for your thoughts!

I use a Bostitch 16 gauge nailer but I think 30mm is the smallest it will take. Anything smaller and I use an 18 gauge Aldi gun, absolutely brilliant bit of kit and only £20.
It's only really for location rather than structural strength at that size I'd have thought especially in mdf as a straight pin wouldn't have much grip. Different in your plywood though.
The wee nail gun also allows more accuracy, less chance of the nail appearing through the side of the work.
Just my random thoughts on the subject.

Thanks Hot Stuff. I have since realised I had completely got the wrong end of the stick and have changed my order from a 16g to an 18g. D'OH!!!

I have the Ryobi One+ 16g nailer and the narrow crown stapler. Nailer's OK, stapler's really nice. 18g is best option for your intended use [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Back