Poor cuts with BS300E

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wend

Established Member
Reaction score
Cutting a half centimeter strip off of some second hand 2"x6" I'm not getting a very clean cut:
DSC_3859.jpg

DSC_3859c.jpg

This is with a BS300E and a TuffSaws "SuperTuff Premium Bandsaw Blade - 2370mm x 5/8" x 3tpi" blade.

I wonder if anyone knows what the problem is likely to be, please?

Bad setup (tension?)? Bad technique? Blunt blade? Wrong sort of wood? Or am I just expecting more than is reasonable from the bandsaw?

Thanks for any advice!

Attachments

• DSC_3859.jpg
    DSC_3859.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 126
  • DSC_3859c.jpg
    DSC_3859c.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 126
The cut looks as clean as I get on mine, but it doesn't look square? Can't make out if that's the cut or lens distortion on the camera.

Chris152":410oha9b said:
The cut looks as clean as I get on mine, but it doesn't look square? Can't make out if that's the cut or lens distortion on the camera.

Sorry, I wasn't clear: The wood was moving left to right, i.e. it's as if the ruler was the blade. So it's the surface facing the camera that isn't smooth.

Hello,

Likely your feed rate is too high. Re-sawing thick timber takes longer than most realise. Because the softwood is, well, soft, your are likely to be pushing it through the blade even faster. For that thickness material, your blade choice is fine, just slow down a bit.

Mike.

Having experiment on some 2x4, I think you're right, I just need to slow down. Happily, that's an easy thing to fix!

Thanks!

Back