Making hotpot table.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hotpot Spot

Reaction score
Hi everybody I'm new.

I'm hoping to make an induction hotpot table. Importing one from China is crazy expensive so I was thinking of just making it.

However the induction cooker still needs to be imported since they don't sell them anywhere else. I bought a table from ebay and going to cut out 5 holes and insert the cookers into them.

I got the table from ebay and my friend says it's water damaged.

What does water damaged tables look like?

As it's your first post you won't be able to post a picture - but 2 replies I think will allow it after that, so post a picture of the table including any areas that look different from the rest - darker wood with raggy edges or milky white areas of varnish (or whatever it's covered in) on the top

If you are talking about induction singular hobs - you can buy them from Ikea, £25 I think each, I guess aimed at the student market - not sure how you'd wire up 5 or if you should power them individually, electrics isn't my bag.

What's the actual purpose of the table? Explaining this will help with the advice.

Hi thanks for reply.

It's for eating Chinese hotpot at the table. Instead of induction cookers placed on top they would be installed into the table itself.

The electrics I'll have to figure out as well.

Cheers

Hotpot Spot":o6supoj9 said:
Hi thanks for reply.

It's for eating Chinese hotpot at the table. Instead of induction cookers placed on top they would be installed into the table itself.

The electrics I'll have to figure out as well.

Cheers
Do you have a link to an example of the item you're trying to make/emulate?

BugBear

rafezetter":ac3ylsww said:
As it's your first post you won't be able to post a picture - ......

That is incorrect, an image can be uploaded to the forum server and attached to a post, only restriction being file size.

The three post restriction is only applied to 'off site links' to reduce the spam from new sign-ups.

I'll post pictures after this post. Many thanks for the reply's. That Caple looks interesting but quite pricey.

Induction cookers create eddy currents that heat the pans and pots. So got to be careful about the pans being hot and being moved off the induction heaters.

Also there might be heat coming out the bottom which needs to be considered to make sure it doesn't scorch the wood.

cut and paste this in google search, then click the images for idea of the tables.

火锅桌子
_______

Latest posts

Back