Respirator / dust masks

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sawdust Sam

Established Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for use with mdf / plywood. Is it P3 filters required ?

Are units with replaceable filters best ? Which are most comfortable in use etc.

Let's here what your using and why, links would be appreciated.

Got mine from a link on here. Sorry doing this from my phone so can't post the link but do a search for 'in-excess' website and look at their 3M mask with P3 filters. They are still doing them for a tenner and they are much more comfortable than the throwaway paper type.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks Porker, just ordered one of the 3m ones from there - the large ones are sold out, so i will give the medium one a go.

I find dustmasks too uncomfortable for extended wear, so bought a powered respirator from Axminster. I also have a beard which complictes wearing a dustmask.

Sounds clichéd but pick the one that's the best fit and most comfortable for you. If you don't happily wear it, it's guaranteed to be ineffective!

As long as it's a decent brand, it makes no difference whether it's disposable or has replacement filters as long as the filter grade matches. It is usually more cost effective to buy a mask with replaceable filters, but that's the main reason. I've got an R300 Safir respirator but I don't think they make them anymore.

MDF dust is particularly nasty because its so fine. Dont cut without a mask. yes, FFP3 is the one to buy.

porker":1y643emg said:
Got mine from a link on here. Sorry doing this from my phone so can't post the link but do a search for 'in-excess' website and look at their 3M mask with P3 filters. They are still doing them for a tenner and they are much more comfortable than the throwaway paper type.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Cheers, ordered :D

Back