Advice needed.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutley Racers

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi fellers. I hope you're well. I have a bit of a dilemma. A chippy I was going to use has knackered his hand so can no longer work. I have 6 fire doors that need installing with locks and a worktop cut. Also I have this door frame (see picture) which needs to be fixed to the block but not sure what the best method is as the block seems weak and the door frame is skew. Can anyone tell me the best method for fixing this. The frame they want to keep due to it being an original part of the house. Thank you

use windows picture manager, click "resize" on the picture menu.
on the right side is a drop down menu of sizes. use email and it will post.

Get the impression you are going to do this yourself. Maybe see if the now injured chippie would come on site and oversee your work with lots of advice at a much lower cost of course.

sunnybob":1cyibij0 said:

Will ask my wife to help with this when I get home

sunnybob":xigjcgow said:

Thanks for the advice

beech1948":2asel9fr said:
Get the impression you are going to do this yourself. Maybe see if the now injured chippie would come on site and oversee your work with lots of advice at a much lower cost of course.

I am going to attempt the door frame yes as I am doing the bathroom and need it finished. The fire doors and worktop I will keep trying to find someone

You will most probably have to use frame fixings or even a resin fixing kit to anchor the door frame to the blockwork.
Available from Screwfix, Toolstation etc.
I would square the door frame up on the floor, screw it together, temporarily brace it by pinning on some thin batten or door stop, lift it into position, pack the frame out where required and fix through into the blockwork.

Roughcut":53m5uoi9 said:
You will most probably have to use frame fixings or even a resin fixing kit to anchor the door frame to the blockwork.
Available from Screwfix, Toolstation etc.
I would square the door frame up on the floor, screw it together, temporarily brace it by pinning on some thin batten or door stop, lift it into position, pack the frame out where required and fix through into the blockwork.

Hi. Thanks for the advice. The frame is actually 55mm too small so I will have to attach another piece of timber to the wall with frame fixings first. Then attach the door to this. The frame is already fixed together. Good idea to square it and brace it on the floor first though.

Back