Kity tablesaw 1619 Fence adjustment

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello does anyone know how to adjust the fence on a Kity 1619 table saw?
I dont have a manual, there's nothing online i can find and the people offering on this site a while back havent got back to me.
its nearly 5mm out between both ends.
Im not sure if I should adjust be the the fence itself or the gauge that runs along the machine?
There's only seems to be one bot holding the fence on but its connecting by a kind of machined v/ h slot which doesnt look like it would allow for movement?
With thanks

My Bestcombi has some play in the bolt holes in guide that runs along the machine.

Pete

Hello,

You can't adjust the fence, the main extrusion is fitted onto the clamp head with a locating fin which is slid into the slot along the bottom of the extrusion and then bolted. The fence rails can be moved a little on the 3 bolts that fix them to the table. There might be enough wiggle room to bring the fence square with the blade, or else file the holes a little elongated and get a bit more adjustment that way. Before doing any of this, though, see if the blade is parallel to the mitre slots. I suspect some, if not all of the problem might be due to table missalignment. It is possible to re align the mitre slots to the blade by moving the table on its fixing bolts, the allen capped ones you see on the top. It is a B U G G E R of a job though, I know, I have done it once before!

Mike.

Hello,

To be fair, table alignment might not be quite as bad as I made out, on a standard 1619. Mine had a custom fence set up and RH table extension that I didn't want to remove when I realigned my table. If you take the table extension off and both side covers off the cabinet, it will likely make getting to the table nuts a lot easier. It is worth however much faff to align the mitre slots to the blade before you align the fence for parallelism, though.

Mike.

Back