My latest finds.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJP

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if we already have a "My Latest Finds" thread - haven't come across one - but if not, what do we think? Would it be of interest?

I bought a few nice things in a junkyard today, which gave me the idea. If the mods give the go-ahead, I can kick it off with my latest finds.

Martin.

I found a fiver at work the other day! Touch!

When I got home my house had been burnt to ashes. No insurance. The Mrs had left me for the fat blind antisocial 87 year old with chronic flatulence at number 26. The kids had been sold into slavery and my faithful old dog, Bert, has moved in with the neighbours and won't talk to me unless it's through his lawyer.

Still.
A fiver is a fiver. Good result all round.

Well that makes two of us! Let's see if anyone salutes when we haul up the flag.....

Martin.

what, you found a flagpole cheap? man, that must have been tricky getting it home in the back of the morris minor, or are one of them rich toffs wot owns a traveller?

I see that we've been moved to General Topics. I assume that means that we've had a tacit approval for the thread.

Right then - I've left the workshop now so I'll do my gloat, with pics in glorious Technicolor, tomorrow morning.

As for the flagpole - well yes, I did bring home a flagpole once. In fact it was a fibreglass sign pole that was used by a petrol filling station that had closed. must have been 20ft or so, tied to the doorhandles of a Volvo. Never again!

I'm a radio amateur, we collect long poles.....

Martin.

I found an old sewing machine and a golf ball.... they had been buried for over 15 years.

I kept the golf ball.

Here's my finds from yesterday - no fivers, sewing machines nor golf balls, but still...

Three small pieces of old oak; a small piece of Beech pretending to be a breadboard; a flat rasp; a Timmins saws set; a nice small piece of stained glass; a Record Bailey No5; a 15" Rolcut lopper; two brass & rosewood 6" try squares; a Stanley No 75 body only, no blade nor keeper; an external calipers; and a very nice flat Scranton Grade No 1 hard Washita in a wooden box ( that's the underside you can see, with the remains of the label).

All for £38, mostly all from the same place.

Cleaning this lot up will keep me busy for a few days.

Martin.

Attachments

• 2017-06-17 07.24.59 (Small).jpg
    2017-06-17 07.24.59 (Small).jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 1,315
  • 2017-06-17 07.25.12 (Small).jpg
    2017-06-17 07.25.12 (Small).jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 1,315
  • 2017-06-17 07.25.20 (Small).jpg
    2017-06-17 07.25.20 (Small).jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 1,315
Today at my local village boot sale, a Stanley Bailey No3. Usual condition, cracked tote, but plenty of life left in the blade, should clean up nicely.
I found it, asked the man what he wanted, he asked what I'm offering, I said a fiver, he jumped at the offer.
So I think we were both happy with that deal!

Martin.

Attachments

• 2017-07-02 10.06.52 (Small).jpg
    2017-07-02 10.06.52 (Small).jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 1,085

Latest posts

Back