Bobby's Kitchen

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctor Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd do a seperate post from my new build thread as this is more woodworky

Finally got around to taking some proper pictures of the finished kitchen.

To put it in context, this is what we had to put up with for 18 months as our kitchen in the old house

11329966_845671622137139_6493323123113215314_n_zpsgffawaht.jpg

11140190_845671552137146_3532066764757020918_n_zps1bz8iidz.jpg

and this is now, all made by me and a lot of help from the guys at work

IMG_1232_zpsv7t0qice.jpg

IMG_1231_zpsq4qdjar5.jpg

IMG_1230_zpsd9xln3ma.jpg

IMG_1229_zpsbw0dvmsc.jpg

IMG_1227_zpsuqyetul3.jpg

IMG_1224_zpsdf9leeth.jpg

IMG_1223_zpsbw32yhsa.jpg.html

IMG_1217_zps6ait4jcm.jpg

IMG_1212_zpsap8qhrgn.jpg

IMG_1211_zpsoe4srlzd.jpg

IMG_1207_zpsuqefumbd.jpg

IMG_1204_zpstc1izoqz.jpg

Very nice, I like the mixture of wood and paint and the rounded edges of the island etc.

4 trays?

Pete

Looks really smart ! The gaps around the doors would niggle me though...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

ColeyS1":30l2z71x said:
Looks really smart ! The gaps around the doors would niggle me though...

Can I ask what you mean, the gaps around the doors are 1.5mm all round? I hope you are just looking at shadows from the chamfer on the frame

IMG_2863_zpscn0liebg.jpg

Must be the camera angle that makes them look a bit gipper.

50fc19bcce4d6077a55354ac7c12a3e9.jpg

This one looked like it was nearly dragging on the work surface.

LOL, OK.
Thats my "appliance garage" cupboard, you just push it all in and close the doors, I think the bifold doors may have been up against the toaster or something......... you can give specsavers a miss for a few years.

RobinBHM":3oy23z23 said:
So whats behind the sliding doors? :D

I love my sliding doors, the single one leads to a utility room (shhhh the misses gets the hump because it's still not finished) there is a double one the other end which pushes open to make the living room and kitchen open plan

Looks fabulous Bob. Not always a great fan of grey, but looks fine here. I like the mix of finishes as well. ABW for the units around the fridge/freezer?

I like it. The grey looks excellent. I like the sliding doors too. Not sure about the colour of the oak (?) doors against the other finishes. Marble work top looks great.

AJB Temple":slykeifr said:
I like it. The grey looks excellent. I like the sliding doors too. Not sure about the colour of the oak (?) doors against the other finishes. Marble work top looks great.

I agree, to busy to do anything with them at the moment but the idea was to put a very dark brown patina on them, almost black. Just needs time.

Bob
Kitchen looks great but I'd actually like to ask about your sliding doors. Where did you get the hardware from and how do you rate it. I need to put a slider in my upcoming renovation

Many thanks

Mark

I love that grey island set next to the warm brown cabinets and cool brown flooring. Getting a matching dog though is surely a bit OTT. :D

The Bear":bnzpe30v said:
Bob
Kitchen looks great but I'd actually like to ask about your sliding doors. Where did you get the hardware from and how do you rate it. I need to put a slider in my upcoming renovation

Many thanks

Mark

The hardware is top notch, best I've seen, stainless steel very smooth and quiet, very expensive. As a business we have used it quite a few times and it's been great. It cost me about £300 a set.

Heres a link, I got mine from Hafele under a trade account and a different brand name but it's the same. They do a set for glass doors as well.

http://www.sliding-doorstuff.co.uk/item/124/projeto-150-designer-sliding-door-gear-for-timber-doors

mahomo59":3qxysg9e said:
Great space and a fantastic looking kitchen. Your standards are what I'm aiming for.

That's very kind thank you. I've seen your builds on the forum, I think the real difference is room size normally. The bigger the space the more impressive, as you can get swanky cupboards in rather than just essentials.

Latest posts

Back