hegner?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodster101

Established Member
Reaction score
Got a hegner, although sometimes think don't use it enough to warrant it, apparently they're quite decent saw, but can someone suggest a decent fast cutting saw for say 19mm birch ply,thanks cause if the quality of blades is as varied as bandsaw blades need some helpful advice, thanks

Use Niqua blades from eBay (they are the same as the much-coveted Flying Dutchmans ones).

I use these
http://www.axminster.co.uk/pegas-revers ... s-ax877510

Most of the Pegas range are good......you can get a mixed pack of them too which would let you try different types.
Axminsters used to be the cheapest for Pegas blades when their postage was only £1.00 but they have put the postage costs up to £2+ so best if you shop around on Ebay etc.
Cheers and welcome to the forum.....great bunch on here and very helpful if you need any tips :cool:
Brian

NazNomad":3eg9z108 said:
Use Niqua blades from eBay (they are the same as the much-coveted Flying Dutchmans ones).

I will get some of those to try out Naz as I have heard good reviews about them :)

Welcome Woodster. Very helpful and knowledgeable lot on here, so + whatever number we've got up to now re both the Niqa and the Pegas blades.

BTW, with a Hegner you have a VERY well-made machine, and with the right blade it'll "make a meal" of cutting any ply up to at least 22mm, if not more.

Send me a PM when you can (I think Forum rules are that you have to make 5 posts total before you can) with your E-mail address on it and I'll send you a 3 or 4 page chart with full blade details. It just so happens that my chart is from Pegas, but there is little difference in blade numbering and sizes between all the good blade makers. The chart is in .pdf format so I can't post it here (Forum rules again), hence the request for a PM with your personal E-mail address.

AES

Back