Record Power RP2000 4 jaw Chuck

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Random Orbital Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
I was fishing around for small diameter chucks the other day and in the end went for a collet chuck from Axy. However, once I received it I decided it wasn't fit for my purposes, though it was beautifully engineered. So that went back and today I got the very diminutive RP2000 at 62mm diameter.

What a cracking little diddy chuck. I bought the pin jaws so I have a solution to turning small square stock straight into the chuck. Thought I'd post a couple of pics as I've never seen such a small chuck before. Only challenge is its too small to have a direct threaded M33 version so I've adapted the 3/4", 16 tpi version as can be seen.

It runs perfectly true and the scroll mechanism is lovely. Finish not quite an Axy but not bad either. It's seriously small, which is exactly what I wanted. I recommend it.
rp2.JPG
rp2 again.JPG

Attachments

• rp2.JPG
    rp2.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 1,165
  • rp2 again.JPG
    rp2 again.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 1,164
Glad you got yourself sorted on the miniature tuning front Rob, looks a neat solution.

That's a great looking little chuck you have there mate, it'll come in very handy I bet!

(nice to see a glimpse of your lovely lathe and workshop again - it's been a while!)

:D

Hi Stiggy. Thanks mate, nice to hear from you too. In fact, its funny you mention the little chuck because I had the turning club at mine for a practical day on Saturday and one f the chaps was making a tool handle. We switched the PIN jaws in that very chuck for the equivalent of the C jaws ie the standard jaws for that chuck which were of course quite small. But....they were the perfect size to take the butt end of the handle while he drilled the ferrule end for the shank of the tool steel and it held it perfectly with the drill in a Jacobs chuck in the tailstock. Lovely little chuck, perfect for small jobs and that handle protruded over a foot from the jaws with no tailstock support. I was pretty impressed to be honest, I really expected more vibration but it was really good. Not sure I would have liked to exert any tool pressure at right angles to the lathe axis but for end on drilling ie towards the headstock, good as gold.

Edit: the photo shows the jaws I'm talking about :)

Back