Selling contents of a journey workshop?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug71

Established Member
Reaction score
Due to divorce my parents will soon be selling the machinery from our old family joinery business. It's mainly old 3phase Wadkin stuff, probably not all up to regs. They want as little hassle as possible, I spoke with a local machinery dealer but he was only interested in saw bench and 4 cutter. I know it is a very limited market because it's 3phase and also hard to transport but I would hate to see it all sell for scrap value.

It's a difficult situation and I am trying to not get involved (haven't spoken to father in over a year) and neither parent is computer savvy to advertise on ebay etc.

Was thinking of advertising it all on here but like I say I'm trying to keep out of it.

Anybody got any bright ideas?

Thanks, Doug

I would suggest getting a description and photo of all items and place ads on here and similar sites. If you get interest PM them your fathers phone number and leave it at that.

Or PM Mark ("wallace" on here). He probably won't be in the market for much, but he'll give good advice. He'll know current values.

Cheers, Vann.

There is plenty of market for 3 phase cast iron Wadkin machinery.

Try on here, or maybe the other forums like woodworkuk

Ebay always has a big market and is most likely route for a quick sale. I dont recommend an auction for any obscure items as 1 low bid could win. Put in sensible prices and a note to say dint bid but call for information. Its worth spending the time to brush dust and clutter away from machines before photographing. Look up specs and includr in description.

RobinBHM":ifc23dva said:
There is plenty of market for 3 phase cast iron Wadkin machinery.

Try on here, or maybe the other forums like woodworkuk

Ebay always has a big market and is most likely route for a quick sale. I dont recommend an auction for any obscure items as 1 low bid could win. Put in sensible prices and a note to say dint bid but call for information. Its worth spending the time to brush dust and clutter away from machines before photographing. Look up specs and includr in description.

agreed, im in yorkshire too & had no problem selling my Sp12 saw, i didn't think there would be much interest but before i even got it listed on ebay i had people at my door. speak to other local joinery firms & one man shops, i mentioned to the joiner next door i was thinking of selling mine & blokes started turning up asking to see it, the guy who bought it, came in, stripped it to as few parts as possible & then 3 of us moved it out & put it on his truck.

hes been back since to thank me for keeping it in such good condition, its just a few miles down the road from me now.

Back