63 mm vacuum cleaner?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
I am trying to find a vacuum cleaner head that will connect to my extraction system so I can clean the floor.

I'm using a domestic one at the moment, but the metal tubes are barely an inch internal diameter and the restriction is too great on the system, not to mention the head blocks very often.

Any one know of a swivel head unit with 63 mm outlet?

I've not seen one myself. 100mm heads seem fairly common though, how about that and make a reducer?

I have to confess I found the whole world of vac connections bewlidering when trying to plumb in mine in the shed. Eventually I realised that part of the confusion is that although that a fairly standard diameter for the hose inlet for vacs is 57mm (2 1/4 inches), manufacturers of hoses annd parts seem to use internal or external diameters (e.g 63mm) at random, or they don’t mention them at all.

I never did find an adaptor to allow a wider cleaner head/tube. Perversely I eventually found that the best way to deal with blockages was to accept they would happen, and to arrange a narrow point near the part where you hold the hose so that it can quickly be unhooked and the big chips poked through.

danclark-albums-general-pics-picture2202-festool-d36-d27-hose-adapter-closeup.jpg

I can't help with your original question I'm afraid, but my word of caution in using a chip extractor to hoover the floor is that you need to be sure there are only wood bits on the floor. Putting up (e.g.) bits of metal will damage the extractor over time as they impact the blades.

Rick, theres a cyclone in the system. Only fine dust gets as far as the main extractor, and even that doesnt get to the blades.

The 100 mm is just too unweildy as I want to use it exactly the came way as a domestic cleaner is used.

I've just vacuumed the garage (workshop) after a particularly heavy day with round over bits and jig saws, and the 1" metal tube is just slowing me down.

i am constantly amazed that in these days of plenty, Whatever I ask for is answered with "no sir, theres no call for that"

Hmmm, how about 63mm hose to a 100mm gulper? Not ideal, but it'll reduce the issue with lugging the hose around if that is your issue.

Just researched 100 mm gulper.
70 quid right up to 170 smackeroons.
No ta.

looks like I have to build one.

Latest posts

Back