Mirka Deros + Henry Hoover, How?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrDavidRoberts

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm currently using the deros with the hose the henry hoover comes with by just taping the henry hose to the deros dust extraction port, not pretty but does the job. however I want to buy a longer mirka hose so I have a longer hose + Don't have to pfaff around with taping it everytime , this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mirka-CEROS-D ... SwajVUO5JC

But I have no idea how would I be able to hook it up to henry hoover?

the hose that henry has screws to its nose
s-l300.jpg

Maybe anyone has a combo likes this and can share how they did it?

The end that connects to the hoover is usually threaded onto the hose. Unscrew it and fit it to the longer hose.

MDR I sympathise, so I made my way to the workshop for a quick photo session, for the n0legs way.

It's about time the manufacturers got on the same page and made all these couplings properly universal.

These pics are for my sander/vacuum combo connection.
Sander extraction pipe too narrow to allow vacuum end to slip comfortably inside. So using some 50mm 2:1 heatshrink* tubing I make my own connections.

* heatshrink tubing---- 50mm ( as in this case ) preshrunk outside diameter.
2:1---- shrink ratio. Therefore 50mm will shrink down to 25mm.
If buying you may see "Glued" "Glue Lined" "Lined" or "Weather rated". You don't want one of these. You want plain/unlined.
The "Glued etc" have an adhesive that sticks just like the proverbial. It'll seal up a treat, but don't expect to use the hoover/vacuum for anything else.

Photos.

In this pic we see the end of the extraction hose (along with the airline to the sander, but ignore that).
Under the bulge at A is the end of the hose. The end that doesn't fit any of my vacuums :evil:

Vacuum hose end, I expect you have similar.

And finally the connection between the two :D

A willing helper is needed to keep alignment between the extraction hose and the vacuum end, or rig up some clamps on a bit of board.
Cut off enough heatshrink to cover the joint and shrink down. I use, because I'm used it, a blow lamp, but a high power hairdryer or heatgun will do. Shrink from the middle out towards the ends. Make sure to cut the heatshrink really nice and clean/square, a little ragged edge can lead to the heatshrink splitting when shrinking.
Heat until the tubing has shrunk right down but don't go mad, remember we're dealing with plastic components.
Let it cool and test you can pull the vacuum end out of the heatshrink. Gently does it.
I do two layers, cut another piece of heatshrink pass it over the end of the vacuum, make the connection, slide over the heatshrink and repeat the shrinking.
I find they're a good connection and best part if it needs renewing it ain't no biggie.

I found a really useful little brush, but you guessed it. It wouldn't fit the vacuum.
Heatshrink out, blow lamp lit, sorted :D

If I've got your situation completely and utterly wrong, then I apologise profusely and I'm sorry for wasting your time with my very much needless spiel above. Please feel free in telling me to leave in jerky motions :shock: :lol:

Back