Axminster Trade Series AWFS18 Scroll Saw, big price increase

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darloray

Established Member
Reaction score
as ive been wanting a decent saw for a while I decided to save up a lot more for a better one, so I decided on the Axminster Trade Series AWFS18 Scroll Saw. it was priced at £460 and was going to travel up the other week to the local branch 30 miles away.

all of a sudden the price has gone up to £532. so ive decided against getting one from there.

also they have added a finance option. ive added an image of one of the terms.

basically it says a loan amount of £479 + interest over 2 years which equals £543.

I don't want to get into credit again as I have paid everything off but I don't see what benefit you get for paying it cash apart from £11.

ive had contact with them and all the time they say well prices go up and down.

ive been talking to brian (claymore) about this and he's gonna keep an eye out for any saws local
ive also been keeping an eye out for a decent variable speed saw up in the north east of England as I'd rather pick up.

its really frustrating as I want to get started but if axminster are gonna be like that, then im not interested in them. they were so blunt when I rang up that they never even offered anything let alone mention another saw.

Attachments

• axminstercredit.JPG
    axminstercredit.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 916
well check out the for sale section now as there's a 20" Delta going

Back