Market value of battered TS55?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dance

Established Member
Reaction score
Apropos my recent post asking if anyone has a TS55 for sale I've had a few PMs. One of them is offering an aged TS55 240v which has seem some action. It's battered and bruised but apparently still cuts true. Chap wants £75 for it. It has a systainer but the insert is missing. Nothing else supplied.

Is that a decent price?

Ideally I wanted one with rails and cramps but maybe at this price I could build up what I need bit by bit.

One thing to look out for is a worn base on a TS55.

I have had mine for years and noticed a few months ago that the base has worn, the saw does not sit on the rail properly. You can see grooves in the saw base caused by the slick strips on the rail.

Think a new base is about £60 and it doesn't just bolt straight on, you are supposed to set it up with a slight toe in of something like 0.005".

I can't decide between getting a new base or putting the money towards a bare TSC55 as I already have batteries.

Doug

If it sounds like a lot of work then you MIGHT be better off finding another example. You might get a nasty surprise not too far the line and may end up costing (much) more. Knock it right down to what you think you might need to replace then knock it off a bit for for the trouble. I don't know how much less you are paying compare to RRP when new, but one have to ask whether it's worth all that (potential) trouble, even if you are a tinkler like me! ;-p

Either way, good luck.

Adrian

Back