Ovolo And Ogee Spindle Moulder Cutter Knives.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pollys13

Established Member
Reaction score
I see there is quite a selection of ovolo, ogee router cutters. Which I don't think would be suitable for an ovolo to do egg and dart carving on an exterior house door, see attached screenshot. For the spindle when I looked for ovolo, ogee cutters, I think I only found 1 size of profile knife. think was the same for cutting an astragal profile. Was I looking in the wrong place?
Thanks.

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 88
There are a number of standard cutters that will give an ovolo if you are using a ring fence or bearing guide with the spindle. I usually look on the Trend or Wealden site since they show a much larger range of cutters and limiters than most others who seem to ignore the less often used profiles. I have found that the best price is usually from Appleby Woodturnings 01283 212384 they do mail order.
Mike.

Mike Jordan":299whpta said:
There are a number of standard cutters that will give an ovolo if you are using a ring fence or bearing guide with the spindle. I usually look on the Trend or Wealden site since they show a much larger range of cutters and limiters than most others who seem to ignore the less often used profiles. I have found that the best price is usually from Appleby Woodturnings 01283 212384 they do mail order.
Mike.
OK cheers for that.

Back