Anyone tried de-rusting with Clarke air tools?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graduate_owner

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Has anyone any experience of de-rusting using a Clarke needle scaler? I am usually very dubious about Clarke stuff although I understand some of their air compressors ars quite well respected. I want to give the mower deck from my ride-on a good de-rusting soon and a wire brush and angle grinder will not reach the awkward areas. It isn't a big job so I don't want to spend a large amount for something I won't get much use of, but obviously I don't want to buy rubbish either.
So, anyone used a Clarke? If so what model, and can you recommend it ( effectiveness, durability etc) or would you advise to keep well away? Noise won't be an issue where I live.

Many thanks in anticipation,

Keith.

I can't speak for Clarke equipment but needle guns are pretty simple animals. One thing you should be aware of is that they are air hungry, you will need a big compressor with a big tank to do any sensible amount of work.

Thanks Alan. My compressor is 3HP with 150 litre receiver. I plan on using the descaler for the awkward areas only,cor where a wie brush won't remove rust and old paint effectively. One thing they don't specify when you read up on compressors is the duty cycle. Mine is about 12 starts per minute, and I don't know if that will be an issue, but I can do a bit with the descaler then a bit with the angle grinder while the compressor has a rest.

Anyone else have an views on Clarke air tools, needle descalers in particular?

K

Is this a question about the tools, or de-rusting? I'd suggest a paste of Deox-C for rust removal, very effective and low effort.

Back