Free to a good home: Huion graphics tablet PEN

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric The Viking

Established Member
Reaction score
Bristle, CUBA (the County that Used to Be Avon)
I'll try to post pics when I have time.

This is just the rechargeable pen (and accessories that came with it), for a Huion-brand graphics tablet. It's not a stylus for Android tablets (like Samsung), nor Apple iPads and I doubt it would work with any of those, as the technology is quite different.

It's best thought of as new-old-stock, about 20 months old. It hasn't really been used at all although it has been charged occasionally. It will probably also work with a few other brands of graphics tablet that use the same chipset/technology. Google is your friend here, as I certainly can't remember which ones! The "linux-Wacom" newsgroup might be worth searching even if you do't use linux, as they write drivers and know the chipsets involved.

Anyway, I bought the rechargeable pen as an extra, and it's been sitting about in its box doing nothing.n't use Linux, as they write drivers for Huion etc. and know which chipsets are used.

It has a tiny power port on the back end, and charges from a USB connector. There's a packet of spare tips too. There isn't an eraser because of the charger port, and it's a bit fatter than the non-rechargeable one, too.

So, it's free to anyone who's happy to pay the postage (tracked, as I'm having trouble with Royal Mail presently). Probably about three quid.

Conditions: no resale! And if you can't get it to work with your tablet, you undertake to pass it on in the same way, till it finds a productive home!

Background: I had a Huion tablet for a very short while, before going back to Wacom. It went back to the supplier on a no-quibble returns deal, as I couldn't get it to work as I wanted it to with Linux. Anyway, I bought the rechargeable pen as an extra, and it's been sitting about in its box doing nothing.

I've nothing against Huion as such--much better value than Wacom (with some limitations)--but at the time it wouldn't work reliably with Ubuntu-Linux. I think the Wacom Linux driver has since been modded to include the correct code - they look similar but the technology inside is quite different.

Please send me a PM if you want it and post a reply here.

Cheers, E.

Back