Magnifier-cursor for Axminster AWBxSB table saw rip fence

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdeacon

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had a go at replacing the rip fence magifier-cursor on their Axminster AW10BSB? (I imagine the rip fence is the same on the 12" version.)

I don't use mine much, but when I want to use it I can hardly see through it. It appears to be a molded bit of plastic where the base of the mold was neither flat nor clean.

I created a new insert by stacking two pieces of 'perspex' [or similar], the bottom piece slightly smaller than the top to give the step or flange to fit into the fence 'carrier'. It's important that the lower surface with the indicator mark is as close as possible to the scale on the fence rail to minimise parallax. I didn't even consider trying to incorporate magnification as I think any increased accuracy would be largely imaginary.
Unfortunately I used superglue to stick them together and rather than transparent the joint is slightly clouded or translucent. It's a paused work in progress at the moment.

All good points there. I'll follow all three I think. Lower the base to reduce parallax, forget pointless magnification and avoid superglue. Thanks.

Back