POSTING PICTURES

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farwalker

Reaction score
Hi, I am a new member and I am not very good on the computer I asked a question about cleaning some old tools and a member asked me to post some pictures but I can't work out in english how to do ,people talk about URLS and things that make no sense to me ,but I think I read that you can't post pictures as a new member? can anybody help in plain english please. JIM

I have seen you mods mention ....top of each forum page you will see a tutorial.
I never see it anywhere .
I looked at another link on the site updates news errors comments and suggestions and seen the tute there.

What I failed to see was, how to resize a piccy to upload in English anyway.

The way I do it is probably tedious but it's simple...
Make the required three posts before you're allowed post piccys first. Hi, Hello, How are ya.
With a windows computer, download
microsoft sharepoint designer ....(free)

Microsoft sharepoint designer has a program called microsoft office 2010 in with the bundle...
Use this for viewing/editing piccys....

When your photo is in a folder or on the desktop, right click on the pic and click "edit".
Hit resize, you will see a option "predifined with x height"....and select the largest file.
OK it, and drag the piccy back to where you had it .

It shall replace the resized pic if you want it to.
Now it is shrunk enough to post it on the forum.
Good luck
Tom

Ttrees":2p6g1z51 said:
I have seen you mods mention ....top of each forum page you will see a tutorial.
I never see it anywhere .
guide.jpg

Top of each Forum Index Page, Not individual thread posts.

Attachments

• guide.jpg
    guide.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 490
I don't mean to hijack the thread but figured id ask here instead of creating a new post just for a simple yes or no,

Do the file size restrictions apply to photos hosted on 3rd party sites such as flickr or it just for the in house photo uploader?

Thanks, Sam

Back