Another palm sander ...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexam

Bandsaw Boxmaker
Reaction score
I have some sanders, but not a palm sander. The GDA 280E I have gets a bit heavy at times, particularly when there is some rough stock to clear. Holding by the handle doesn't seem as easy as holding with the hand /palm.

I only need a 1/4 sheet one, but am confused by the 'Intec dust filter' that a number of sanders have. I would rather connect my vac than use a small bag attachement. Can these be removed and replaced with a hose or are they 'square/oblong rather than round?

Any suggestions would be appreciated, but I dont want to spen more that £100, lower if possible. I also like using Abranet, so preer one that can accomodate that. Also don't mind a used one if anyone has one they dont need.
Malcolm

From the look of it, the Bosch GEX 25 5" looks about right, as the filter box leaves a tube to fit a vac.
Unless you think otherwise ??

https://www.ffx.co.uk/tools/product/Bos ... tal-Sander doesn't look bad, but I am not sure whether it might be a bit big.

these sanders tend to be very slow for stock removal. would a small ROS be better or do you need to get into corners?

do you have a compressor? Mirka ROS 325CV looks good if you do, albeit a little over budget.

Thanks for the info.
Not worried about corners as I have the Bosch GDA 280 E with all the attachements and that gets me into the smallest areas, but its a bit 'wieldy' and a palm would be good as long as I can attach a vac rather than use the tiny box on it.
Malcolm

Back